BSI PAS 68: 2013 V/7500[N2]/48/30:0.6/0.0
153mm (Standard), 168mm (Sleeved)
|Height Above Ground
Galvanised core. Historic / heritage sleeve designs can be accommodated if required; the slim high-security core of this system can easily accommodate special aesthetics. Handrails and pedestrian guardrail can be accommodated to restrict pedestrian access anywhere along the array.
The Populus Bridge Protection Bollard has a revolutionary slim core, able to fit a wealth of aesthetic options and a height above ground deemed ‘cycle friendly’.
Crash Tested Solution
- This system was impact tested at the MIRA testing facility in March 2020 to PAS 68 standard. Successfully arresting a 7,500kg vehicle travelling at 48 kph (30mph).
- As with our Westminster Bridge Bollard, the test simulated a bridge attack and so as such, the angle of attack was 30º. The bollard performed incredibly well and achieved minimal penetration (<0.5m).
Super Shallow & Quick to Install
- The Populus Bridge Protection Bollard only requires a true depth of 40mm for installation; no other upstanding structure is required.
- No mechanical bolting or fixings are required during installation, the array simply sits within a very shallow excavation which may be planed away.
- Installation of the test array was completed by MIRA civil engineers who had not seen the system before in just under 40 minutes.
- A minimum array of 7 bollards is required and then individual modules can be added in singular units to cover the length required. The layout can accommodate a gap in the foundation between adjacent arrays to accommodate bridge expansion joints.
- This innovative product is not designed to be reliant on digging into a sub-structure unlike other systems and can articulate to accommodate cambers and contours in a bridge structure.
Aesthetic Options & Handrails
- Aesthetically, due to a low bollard height, the system is cycle-friendly. The bollard can be sleeved with a stainless-steel aesthetic sleeve (168mm diameter), still providing an incredibly slim profile.
- Handrails and fencing can be accommodated to restrict pedestrian access anywhere along the array. Historic or heritage sleeve designs can be accommodated if required. The slim high-security core of this system can easily accommodate special aesthetics.