PAS 68: V/7,500(N2)/48/30:0.6/0.0
IWA 14: V/7,200(N2A)/48/30:0.7
|Height Above Ground||
Galvanised as standard. Can be fitted with an aesthetic sleeve (168mm) which can feature bands if required
The Populus Bridge Protection Bollard has a revolutionary slim core, able to fit a wealth of aesthetic options and a height above ground deemed ‘cycle friendly’.
Crash Tested Solution
- This system was impact tested at the MIRA testing facility in March 2020 to both the IWA 14 & PAS 68 standard. Successfully arresting a 7,500/7,200 kg vehicle travelling at 48 kph (30mph).
- As with our Westminster Bridge Bollard, the test simulated a bridge attack and so as such, the angle of attack was 30º. The bollard performed incredibly well and achieved minimal penetration (<0.5m).
Super Shallow & Quick to Install
- The Populus Bridge Protection Bollard only requires a true depth of 40mm for installation; no other upstanding structure is required.
- No mechanical bolting or fixings are required during installation, the array simply sits within a very shallow excavation which may be planed away.
- Installation of the test array was completed by MIRA civil engineers who had not seen the system before in just under 40 minutes.
- A minimum array of 7 bollards is required and then individual modules can be added in singular units to cover the length required. The layout can accommodate a gap in the foundation between adjacent arrays to accommodate bridge expansion joints.
- This innovative product is not designed to be reliant on digging into a sub-structure unlike other systems and can articulate to accommodate cambers and contours in a bridge structure.
Aesthetic Options & Handrails
- Aesthetically, due to a low bollard height, the system is cycle-friendly. The bollard can be sleeved with a stainless-steel aesthetic sleeve (168mm diameter), still providing an incredibly slim profile.
- Handrails and fencing can be accommodated to restrict pedestrian access anywhere along the array. Historic or heritage sleeve designs can be accommodated if required. The slim high-security core of this system can easily accommodate special aesthetics.