PAS 68: V/7500(N2)/48/30:0.4/0.0
IWA 14: V/7200(N2A)/48/30:0.6
|Height Above Socket||
1065mm-1155mm (depending on floor finishing)
273mm (front) / 133mm (side)
Having pioneered shallow mount technology since its invention, ATG Access is proud to introduce our shallowest technology yet. This innovative new Westminster Bridge Protection Bollard sits within just a 40mm deep base plate, allowing it to sit within a bridge kerb.
- To test this new technology our iconic Westminster high-security bollard was fitted into the super shallow foundation structure and tested at a shallow angle of attack to be suitable for bridge protection.
- The Westminster Bridge Protection Bollard was tested at 48kph (30mph), with an angle of attack to simulate a realistic bridge attack. Tested to both PAS 68 and IWA 14 the bollard was tested in an array of five achieving a penetration of less than 1m.
- The biggest challenge when it comes to bridge protection is ensuring that the structural integrity of the bridge deck is not compromised when installing security measures. Our new technology solves this with its super shallow foundation structure.
- The foundation and socket design can incorporate other bollard types and shapes if required. Aesthetically, the bollard can look however is required above ground to suit the surrounding area and urban design.
- The Westminster bollard is instantly recognisable with its ribbed profile and peaked top. Within the front fascia, there is a specifically designed section to enable a corporate logo or crest to be inserted and supplied with a primed finish as standard.
- The bollard is manufactured from micro-engineered steel which has high impact resistance and the ability to absorb massive amounts of energy without fracturing, making it an ideal option for high-security products. Manganese steel is also renowned for its abrasion resistance adding to the longevity of the bollard.